[gmx-users] converting pdb of protein+ATP+water+ion into gromacs files

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 23 22:37:43 CEST 2013

On 10/23/13 4:28 PM, Dina Mirijanian wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to convert a protein+ATP+water+ion system pdb into gromacs
> files.  I need to use the existing water and ion coordinates.  I can
> convert the protein part using pdb2gmx and grompp fine.  But, I do not know
> how to process the solvent and ion coordinates separately and combine them
> to make the final system.  Can anyone give me direction?  I am new to
> gromacs...

Copy and paste the coordinates into the pdb2gmx-processed coordinate file (note
that you can keep .pdb format or convert to .gro easily with editconf).  The
solvent and ion topologies are #included in the pdb2gmx-produced topology
already, you just need to update the [molecules] directive accordingly.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601