[gmx-users] Suggestion for a project

Asaf Farhi asaf.farhi at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Oct 28 13:23:35 CET 2013

Dear Gromacs Users

I would like to suggest a project in free energy calculations which can be in cooperation.
The project is to demonstrate a novel and interesting method to calculate free energy differences between two solvation/binding processes.
The first simulations are rather simple (solvation) and it can be extended to (binding) and to demonstrating more theoretical parts.
The requirements are experience in MD simulations and alchemical transformations and immediate availability.
An experience in writing an article is an advantage.
To my opinion the demonstrations is likely to lead to an article or to be combined with existing material into an article.
Information on the method can be found at:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1310.2112

People that are interested can contact me in the follwoing emails:
asaf.farhi at weizmann.ac.il
asaf.farhi at gmail.com

Thanks,
Best regards,