[gmx-users] mdrun cpt

Pavan Ghatty pavan.gromacs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:27:27 CET 2013

I have need to collect 100ns but I can collect only ~1ns (1000steps) per
run. Since I dont have .trr files, I rely on .cpt files for restarts. For
example,

grompp -f md.mdp  -c md_14.gro -t md_14.cpt -p system.top -o md_15

This runs into a problem when the run gets killed due to walltime limits. I
now have a .xtc file which has run (say) 700 steps and a .cpt file which
was last written at 600th step.
- To set up the next run I use the .cpt file from 600th step.
- Now during analysis if I want to center the protein and such, /trjconv/
needs an .xtc and .tpr file but not a .cpt file. So how does /trjconv/ know
to stop at 600th step? If this has to be put in manually, it becomes
cumbersome.

Thoughts?