[gmx-users] No group in index file?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 31 22:17:47 CET 2013

On 10/31/13 5:03 PM, Xu Dong Huang wrote:
> @ Justin,
>
> Excellent advice. Thank you! And for the equilibrium angle, what is the
> approximate range I can define it to be? Say target is 90 degrees, should I
> define maybe 130 and let it oscillate? I guess question is how far is too far
> off?

This is what I meant about a predefined outcome.  If you set the equilibrium
value of the angle at 130 degrees, you're going to get a distribution centered
at 130 degrees.  The odds of it sampling any configurations at 90 degrees are a
function of the force constant, but still would be rare, so this approach makes
no sense to me (there is a huge difference between 90 and 130).  If the target
is 90, set it for 90.  Tune the force constant to match the distribution.

-Justin