[gmx-users] Freeze + NPT + constraints

HANNIBAL LECTER hanniballecter13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:17:30 CEST 2013

I would think that too. However, that is not what happens. If you freeze a
group it gets scaled according to the box vectors during a npt simulation.

Hence in order to keep the group (in my case a carbon nano tube) of fixed
diameter i use position restraints. This protocol works fine with with npt
simulations.

Now, i wanted to check if i include the bonded interactions in my topology
and constrain all the bonds things should not matter at all, since the
bonded interactions are redundant in this case. However, that is not the
case and the system crashes. If however the bonds are not constrained,
things work fine.

I know this is a very round about way of getting things done, still i am
curious.