[gmx-users] grompp for minimization: note & warning

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 16 13:47:05 CEST 2013

On 9/16/13 7:37 AM, shahab shariati wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> About following warning in grompp using
>
> WARNING 1 [file em.mdp]:
> The sum of the two largest charge group radii (6.940482) is larger than
> rlist (1.200000)
>
> You said "You probably have molecules split across PBC in the input
> coordinate file. here's nothing wrong in that case"
>
> I mention that I used input coordinate file from folloowing web site"
>
> http://cmb.bio.uni-goettingen.de/cholmembranes.html. Structures in this
> website were equilibrated 195 ns.
>
> Nonetheless, has my input coordinate file problem?

I have no idea.  What file are you using?  Visual inspection will make it very
obvious whether or not you have broken molecules.  My original guess was exactly
that - a guess.  Based on the supposed size of the group in question, it seemed
that it was probably a common membrane issue.  Maybe this is or is not the case.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601