[gmx-users] Re: grompp for minimization: note & warning

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 16 16:13:27 CEST 2013

On 9/16/13 9:47 AM, shahab shariati wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> My input coordinate file is a gro file (sys.gro). When I visualize that by VMD,
> all things is ok and true.
>
> After minimization, I obtained a gro file (em.gro). When I visualize that by
> VMD, About 5 DOPC molecules leave bilayer structure and 1 DOPC molecule not only
> leaves bilayer structure, but also some bonds were broken (there is a broken
> molecule). Before, I mentioned that my input coordinate file (em.gro) is
> obtained from reliable website. How to resolve this issue?
>
> I attached 2 gro file (sys.gro and em.gro). Resolvation of this issue is very
> critical and important for me. Please guide me about that.
>
> Excuse me for sending this e-mail to personal address. I have to send 2 gro
> files to you.

The proper protocol is to upload the files somewhere publicly accessible and
post a download link.  I generally do not like large, unrequested attachments.

The sys.gro file is positioned within a box that is too large, a fact that is
easily observable in VMD.  I suspect that the void space results in instability.
  As for the charge group error from grompp, I still can see no reason for it.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601