[gmx-users] changing atom types versus adding dihedrals to atom types

Rafael I. Silverman y de la Vega rsilverm at ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 18 02:18:50 CEST 2013

Can you give some examples of how these verifications are  different for
different force fields? It doesnt seem like verifying takes that much time,
but a theorist prof in my department told me not to worry as long as my
system doesnt blow up...
And what do you mean "thourough parametrization?
I parametrized flavin mononucleotide using amber99sb-ildn, I used existing
atomtypes in the force field, but I added partial atomic charges based on a
decent DFT calculation in orca, and I had to add 2 distance restraints on
the delta negatively charged phosphate oxygens to keep them from crashing
into the delta positive hydrogen on the same phosphate. Is that thorough in
your opinion?
Thanks

>>> Mailing_Lists/Search<http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search>>before