[gmx-users] SDFs memory allocation error

Marta Batista batista.m at ua.pt
Thu Sep 19 20:56:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to perform SDFs using g_spatial tool from Gromacs.
I did all steps, recommended and indicated in Gromacs' manual,

1. Use make_ndx to create a group containing the atoms around which you want the SDF
2. trjconv -s a.tpr -f a.xtc -o b.xtc -center tric -ur compact -pbc none
3. trjconv -s a.tpr -f b.xtc -o c.xtc -fit rot+trans
4. run g_spatial on the .xtc output of step #3.

 but no matter the atoms of my systems that I choose to see in the SDF, I keep having the problem:

"Reading frame       0 time    0.000   Memory allocation error"

As in the manual, they say that this could hapen and we should increase the -nab value. I did it, and I keep having this problem....

Can anyone help me, to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Marta Batista

PhD student
Department of Chemistry