[gmx-users] OPLS/AA + TIP5P, anybody?

gigo gigo at ibb.waw.pl
Mon Sep 30 05:26:47 CEST 2013

Dear Chris,
I put one tip5p molecule in a center of dodecahedral box - 2nm from that
molecule to walls, filled it with tip5p, ran 6000 steps of steep
minimization. After another 2704 steps of cg it converged to emtol 1.0.
I run 100k steps of nvt on this box afterwards
(http://shroom.ibb.waw.pl/tip5p/pure1). But the water is very
capricious. If I ran only 2000 steps of steep, the following cg crashed
after less than 1000 steps because a water molecule could not be
settled. I could not minimize another box, filled only by genbox from an
empty gro file (http://shroom.ibb.waw.pl/tip5p/pure2). I understand that
you have to have some luck if you run a simulation in pbc with rigid
water, which interacts through walls of the box with the other side and
was not well placed. Also, I had several segfaults during minimization
that I was able to avoid only by limiting the number of cores.
I checked distances between OW and LPx on a crashing minimization with a
peptide - 2812 water molecules. Maximum force reached 8.8e+24 in 225
steep steps, but all the 5624 distances were rock solid 0.7A, as
expected.
I still did not post the redmine issue, I want to be sure that I am
doing everything correctly.