[gmx-users] Water out of box? Negative Z-Coordinates

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 1 01:13:56 CEST 2014

On 3/31/14, 7:01 PM, GtrAngus wrote:
> OK, just in case I just want the atoms in the box and I don't care about
> Molecules, this should work?
>
>> trjconv -f traj.trr -o traconv.trr -pbc atom
>
> Because I tried and it does SOMETHING. Some atoms are in the box now (I
> guess) but still atoms are out of the box. Do I have to add some commands?

That observation conflicts with the very definition of what -pbc atom does.  How
large is the box?  Do you have correct vectors in the trajectory?  I still don't
know why mdrun produced negative coordinates in the first place - the run was
done with mdrun, correct?

> Or do I have to repeat this command several times?

Repetition of the same thing will produce nothing useful.

> -pbc mol or -pbc whole didn't do a better job at all :( The problem stays
> the same here.

I really don't understand why that is.  Any of the above should ensure that all
coordinates are > 0.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601