[gmx-users] Length of .xtc file in frames for C-Code

GtrAngus maps99 at online.de
Thu Apr 3 16:11:33 CEST 2014

Hi :)

I have a question to all the people who are familiar with C-code. How can I
read in the total number of frames in my *.xtc file? Especially when I do
the analysis somewhere in the middle?

E.g: I have a file with 100.000 frames. When I start the programm with

./program -f traj.xtc

then I want somewhere in my code something like:

int totalnumerbofframesyouareanalyzing = 100.000

When I do the same with:

./program -f traj.xtc -b 20.000

then I want in my code:

int totalnumerbofframesyouareanalyzing = 80.000

Thanks for your help!
GtrAngus