[gmx-users] adding metal-bonding parameters to a force field

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 4 22:30:24 CEST 2014

On 4/4/14, 1:46 PM, Ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> These parameters are present in literature. I think these bonds/parameters
> are correctly generated. You said "The previous topology output suggests
> not, because ZN is not renamed to ZNW".  I do not know what to do.

Probably because the distance you have set in specbond.dat is incorrect.  I'll
ask again - are the His-Zn bonds correctly generated?  If not, that's your
problem.  If they are, we'll have to do more digging.  You can avoid the whole
Zn-renaming and charge issue if you do as I suggested before and create a
residue that contains Zn(HOH), not just ZN and then a separate residue for the
water bound to it.  Treat it as its own entity.

> I added the OZ-HZ bond in ffbonded.itp. Unfortunately I get the same errors:
>
> ERROR 1 [file protein_Ion_chain_A2.itp, line 33]:
>    No default Bond types
> ERROR 2 [file protein_Ion_chain_A2.itp, line 34]:
>    No default Bond types
>
> ffbonded.itp:
>    Zn NA         1    0.20500   16744.0 ;modified
>    Zn NB         1    0.20500   16744.0 ;modified
>    Zn OZ         1    0.23000   16744.0 ;modified
>    OZ HZ         1    0.09572   221682.2 ;modified

Are you making these corrections in the right place?  Does your .top call your
modified force field?  Are you modifying files in $GMXLIB or in the working
directory?

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601