[gmx-users] Justin tutorial - V-rescale + Parinello-Rahman

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:15:47 CEST 2014

On 4/9/14, 8:18 AM, Steven Neumann wrote:
> Dear Gmx Users, Dear Justin
>
> I have noticed that in in our tutorial(s) in thew mdp option you suggesting
> V-rescale thermostat and the Parinello-Rahman barostat. Is there any
> particular reason for this choice? Would you please provide any reference
> that is combinantion works well in comparison to others or its just the
> example?

The original references for each of the algorithms prove that they adequately
sample the desired ensembles.  For the purposes of tutorials, these algorithms
are robust, and I avoid Berendsen because I experience has shown me that people
simply assume that whatever is in the tutorial is "correct" so I at least
attempt to avoid leading people into making mistakes.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore