[gmx-users] CHARMM36 force field available for GROMACS

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 10 12:24:02 CEST 2014

On 4/10/14, 2:51 AM, gsettanni wrote:
> Hi Justin and Roland,
>
> we are interested in simulating a glycosilated protein. We already have a
> pdb file  (and psf topology) with  the charmm/namd format/nomenclature. We
> managed to have pdb2gmx read the carbohydrate residues by adding the
> relative entries in the residuetypes.dat, however we have not yet been able
> to add the covalent bonds necessary to reproduce the correct branched
> carbohydrate chains. Is there any solution for that?
> Roland seems to have one, although suboptimal. would it be possible to share
> it?

Using specbond.dat might help, but often these types of patches will require
modification of atom types depending on the linkage, so there isn't any solution
completely within pdb2gmx that will suffice, outside of building a residue from
the original PRES entries in the CHARMM files, which is what it sounds like
Roland's program does.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601