[gmx-users] No default U-B types in CHARMM36 FF

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Apr 13 17:22:25 CEST 2014

On 4/13/14, 10:20 AM, Albert wrote:
> Hello Mark:
>
> thanks a lot for kind comments. I tried following selections:
>
> Select start terminus type for ACE-35
>   0: NH3+
>   1: NH2
>   2: 5TER
>   3: None
> 3
> Start terminus ACE-35: None
> Select end terminus type for GLY-338
>   0: COO-
>   1: COOH
>   2: CT2
>   3: 3TER
>   4: None
> 4
> End terminus GLY-338: None

> Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.6.5
> Source code file: /home/albert/gromacs-4.6.5/src/kernel/pdb2top.c, line: 1109
>
> Fatal error:
> There is a dangling bond at at least one of the terminal ends. Fix your
> coordinate file, add a new terminal database entry (.tdb), or select the proper
> existing terminal entry.
>

> It still failed. I don't understand, there is a NMA in the C-term, why the
> second dialog ask the GLY-338 instead of NMA residue?

Scroll up in the pdb2gmx screen output.  When it breaks down the chains, it will
show you what is considered "Protein" and what is considered "Other."  The
residue "NMA" does not appear anywhere in residuetypes.dat, so pdb2gmx decides
that you have a "Protein" chain from ACE-1 to GLY-338, and then something else
to deal with separately.  Add NMA to residuetypes.dat as a Protein type and it
will work.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601