[gmx-users] Potential for Frozen atoms

sukriti002 sukriti002 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Apr 16 06:08:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wanted to find out site-site potential between two Copper(Cu+2) ions at a
particular distance and fixed geometry. So I constructed a box containing 2
Cu+2 and 2 sulfate ions very far away to make the system charge zero. Then i
froze these atoms and did energy minimization step. But in result I get zero
potential energy. Can anyone please let me know what went wrong? I can i
find out this potential at a particular ion-ion distance?

Thanks and Regards
Sukriti Gupta