[gmx-users] Using GPU to do simulations

mircial at sjtu.edu.cn mircial at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Apr 17 20:46:13 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do some pulling simulations by gromacs (i.e., pull a ligand from its binding site), as the system is large I want to accelerate the simulations by GPU. I want to confirm that, Does GPU simulation support the pulling code of GROMACS? Can I use GPU acceleration to do simulations in which a ligand is pulled out of its binding site?
I am asking this, as I see from the website that the pulling code is not supported by GPU (Supported Features Section of http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_4.5/GROMACS-OpenMM#Compiling_and_installation_of_GROMACS-GPU_from_source).

Thanks very much for your help.

With my best regards,
Ruo-Xu Gu