[gmx-users] Reproducibility in free energy calculations.

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:33:27 CEST 2014

Mean of the three calculations is 4.35, standard error is 0.19.  So this
seems statistically consistent.  If you want to get more consistent
results, you'll need to run longer until the estimated statistical
uncertainty is lower.  Also, the estimated uncertainty is often an
underestimate (BAR often underestimates by 20-30%).