[gmx-users] g_potential help

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 21 23:35:24 CEST 2014

On 4/21/14, 5:11 PM, rajat desikan wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> So different parts of my system in Z-direction should be scaled
> differently, right? On a coarse level, aqueous part with a scaling of 80,
> membrane with a scaling of 2? How do I correct for this? Can I take the
> quantitative output for potential difference across a membrane in water
> from g_potential literally?

You don't need to scale anything.  The force field parameters for every
biomolecular force field that I know of are based on epsilon_r = 1, i.e. no
special alteration of vacuum permittivity.  The results, at face value, should
be sufficient.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601