[gmx-users] negative HB lifetime

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 10:57:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

To clarify: Note that the ACF should approach zero for large t. It seems your ACF isn't approaching zero in the way that fits with Luzar and Chandler's model. The reason for that may be insufficient sampling of hydrogen bonds over time, in which case you need more data either by extending the simulations or using larger analysis groups if possible; or perhaps you save the coordinated too infrequently, which makes a bad ACF. Alternatively, the hb-kinetics in your system isn't well described by the kinetic model, in which case better sampling will not help you.

Erik