[gmx-users] gromacs.org_gmx-users Digest, Vol 120, Issue 95

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:07:34 CEST 2014

On 4/22/14, 7:18 AM, sunita gupta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several time I have extended my jobs using the protocol you have mentioned
> above. I always used to get my output appended to the previous one, which
> never required any concatenation.
> This time my aim was to extend the job using new.mdp files (as the previous
> one contained simulated annealing protocols to reach 500K temp and the new
> job to have trajectories at 500K only)
> So, I used 1st protocol of Changing .mdp file given in
> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations. grompp
> -f new.mdp -c old.tpr -o new.tpr -t old.cpt and mdrun -s new.tpr
> As, a result I got new files this time, creating backup files for the
> previous ones. I renamed those backup files as old files and trying to
> concatenate with the new ones. I have only one .cpt file now, as its backup
> file was not created.
> Please let me know, If I am wrong or any alternate way to do this.

If you re-run grompp, the default values of init_t and init_step are zero.  If
you didn't reset those values, your trajectory will start over from time = 0.
If you want to concatenate the resulting output to a previous run, you should
indeed reset the start time with trjcat -settime, as stated before.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore