[gmx-users] Com pulling in reverse Z direction in SMD simulation..

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 24 17:01:51 CEST 2014

On 4/24/14, 10:46 AM, Kalyanashis wrote:
> Thank you Justin.. I have done the calculation with "pull_vec1= 0.0 0.0 1 "
> option but do not get the expected result. Actually, I want to push the
> drug molecule to its initial position i.e. after pulling it has come out
> from the active site of the enzyme now I want to push it to the active
> site. Please suggest me the probable solution to solve this problem.

I can't do that unless you describe what's going on in more detail.  What does
"do not get the expected result" mean?  What happens?  Applying a pulling force
in two different directions is very trivial; all you have to do is either (1)
invert the sign of the vector or (2) invert the sign of the pull rate along the
original vector.

Trying to "push" a molecule towards an active site is a dicey proposition; the
target can rotate over time and you may not be able to achieve the desired
result without other restraints.  You're trying to hit a moving target.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore