[gmx-users] MD simullations with Morse potential

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 26 00:27:01 CEST 2014

On 4/25/14, 5:37 PM, fantasticqhl wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply!
>

> I guess the use of the Parrinello-Rahman barostat should not be a problem
> because the optimization ran successfully if I turned off the morse
> potential. Actually, I have already done the nvt optimization without morse
> potential before I moved to npt optimization with morse potential,  the
> error was the same for nvt with morse potential. I just do not know why the
> morse potential was not working. Do you have some other ideas which may
> result in the problem? Thanks very much!

Well, Morse potentials aren't the functional form with which any of the
biomolecular force fields in Gromacs were parametrized, so either (1) there's a
bug that needs to be fixed or (2) you're doing something incompatible and the
model physics is breaking down.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601