[gmx-users] Cannot write trajectory frame; maybe you are out of disk space

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 26 14:51:49 CEST 2014

On 4/26/14, 8:42 AM, Andrew Bostick wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>

> This problem can be solved by changing the parameters related to file system
> ?

Well, you could, but that would require reformatting your file system for
something that can handle file size > 2 GB.

> If I add another RAM to my computer system, my problem solves?

No.

The simplest solutions are what I stated before - reduce your output volume or
conduct your runs in shorter intervals of time.  This is a very easy limitation
to overcome, given the ability to concatenate the output later (obviously on a
different machine that supports larger files).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore