[gmx-users] special bond

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:53:40 CEST 2014

On 4/29/14, 10:34 AM, Nicola Staffolani wrote:
> ​"​
> Using ATM1 and ATM2 has no effect in ffbonded.itp
> ​" even if I do have defined ​​"​such atom types" in atomtypes.dat (and
> also in ffnonbonded.itp)?

OK, the use of the same name and type is a bit confusing, so it wasn't clear
from the last post that this should work.  In this case, it should (though of
course you will get fatal errors regarding missing angles unless you define
suitable [angletypes], but that's a separate issue).

So the net effect of what you are saying is: pdb2gmx writes the bond between
ATM1 and ATM2, but does not write gd_99 into the .top as reference to the
parameters, do I have that correct?

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601