[gmx-users] Amber to Gromacs

Nash, Anthony Anthony.Nash at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 15:09:25 CEST 2014

Wow! I am out of date.

As always, thanks for the help Justin.
From: gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se [gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se] on behalf of Justin Lemkul [jalemkul at vt.edu]
Sent: 30 April 2014 13:29
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Amber to Gromacs

On 4/30/14, 8:25 AM, Nash, Anthony wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been thrown upon a project which requires the use of the Amber FF. I have a crystal structure .pdb and I wish to make a topology file using the AMBER ff99SB forcefield. The gromacs website directs me to the ffamber ports program, which seems to require Gromacs versions 3.1.4, 3.2.1, ..... 4.0. I, however, have access to Gromacs 4.6.1. Must I install an old version of Gromacs? If I must, what kind of issues am I going to face when I take my 3.* generated Gromacs topology file and run it on version 4.6.1? Or is this very out of date and there is something new?

Most of the Amber force fields are supported natively now; there is no need to
download the ffamber ports so that information is indeed outdated.  Amber99-SB
and Amber99-SB-ILDN are both built into Gromacs.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore