[gmx-users] Отв: Position Restraint or remove COM from DNA

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Dec 2 02:31:38 CET 2014

On 12/1/14 4:13 PM, Hovakim Grabski wrote:
> I'm trying to find the binding sites of 6 Methylene Blue molecules on DNA.
> If I remove COM from the whole system, it also affects the Methylene Blue
> molecules, isn't it right?

You're not removing the motion of the molecules; you're removing artificial
drift of the system, e.g. net COM motion, that may accumulate.  For solutes in
water, the only sensible choice is comm-grps = System.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore