[gmx-users] Regarding parallel run in Gromacs 5.0

Bikash Ranjan Sahoo bikash.bioinformatic at protein.osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Dec 5 12:36:34 CET 2014

Dear Dr. Abraham,
  I have attached the md.log file. The command that I executed was
*"mdrun_mpi
-s em.tpr -nt 20".*

Kindly suggest me how can I run using 20 CPUs. I will be highly obliged if
you kindly send me the exact command for parallel minimization or exact
command for re-installation of Gromacs 5.0.2   in parallel. I am little
confused at the

*cmake .. rest flags ~ ~ ~.*

The full installation command I ran was

*cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/user1/tanpaku/bussei/bics at 1986/Bikash/cmake/gro/gro5.0
-DGMX_MPI=ON -DGMX_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON*

Is it right ? I have all _mpi binaries in my gromacs and pdb2gmx_mpi,
editconf_mpi, grompp_mpi is running nice. Kindly suggest.

​Thanking you
In anticipation of your reply
Bikash, Osaka Japan​