[gmx-users] energy groups rerun from reduced xtc file

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 14:43:26 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM, Harry Mark Greenblatt <
harry.greenblatt at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:

> BS"D
>
> Dear Mark,
>
>     Thank you for the advice; removing the checkpoint file does allow
> grompp to produce a new tpr file for mdrun.
>
> In the case, however, where the energy groups were defined before the run,
> and so it should be a simple
> case of rerunning mdrun on CPU's, the use of convert-tpr to produce a
> smaller tpr file gives the following error in
> mdrun:
>
> Software inconsistency error:
> Position restraint coordinates are missing
>
> (the DNA is restrained in these runs).
>
> So producing a new tpr file via grompp seems the only way to  go...?

As normal in complex software, not everything is thought about when people
add features. If you were to go back to your original grompp call and
arrange life to generate a .tpr that would have been good for mdrun without
position restraints, then you might have more luck with convert-tpr.

Mark