[gmx-users] How to scale epsilon parameters of Lennard-Jones term in .top file?

Jianguo Li ljggmx at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Dec 8 08:12:29 CET 2014

To run REST in gmx using lamda-dynamics, you need to edit both ffnonbonded.itp and ffbonded.itp.
In ffnonbonded.itp, you need to define a new atom type corresponding to state B, you need to add something like:; name             bond_type       mass          charge   ptype          sigma      epsilon
opls_001_ B      C             6     12.01100     0.500       A    3.75000e-01  2.19660e-01 ...The charges for state_B can be added in the topology file.For bonded parameters you need to rescale the force constants in all sections of ffbonded.itp.Finally you also need to edit ions.itp to make sure that the total charges for state_B is zero.
Cheers,Jianguo