[gmx-users] g_wham 4.6.7 version output query

Agnivo Gosai agnivogromacs14 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:35:03 CET 2014

Hi Users

I googled on the issue and found the following :

https://www.mail-archive.com/gmx-users@gromacs.org/msg53884.html

In the above mentioned link an user had previously wrote about the
creation of this pmfintegrated.xvg file and as mentioned it is not
being created all the time..

I also found the following from the source code of 4.5.5. version

if (opt->verbose)
    {
        fp=xvgropen("pmfintegrated.xvg","PMF from force
integration","z","PMF [kJ/mol]",opt->oenv);
        for(j=0;j<opt->bins;++j)
            fprintf(fp,"%g  %g\n",(j+0.5)*dz+opt->min,pot[j]);
        ffclose(fp);
        printf("verbose mode: wrote %s with PMF from interated
forces\n","pmfintegrated.xvg");
    }

However I am using version 4.6.7. And I also use -v in the command
line for g_wham as indicated in the trailing mail. Can someone say
what is going on. Lookwise the  pmfintegrated.xvg is so smooth that I
am tempted to use it , but I don not know why and how it is generated.

Thanks & Regards
Agnivo Gosai
Grad Student, Iowa State University.