[gmx-users] Protein distance with respect to box walls

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Tue Dec 9 14:16:06 CET 2014

Hi James,

The utility g_mindist lets you measure the minimum distance between a selection and its periodic image, if what you are trying to do is just confirm that your simulation box is large enough to prevent periodic image effects, this is one way to check.

Kind Regards,

Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics