[gmx-users] Your solvent group size (*) is not a multiple of *

Hassan Aaryapour hassan.gromacs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:25:56 CET 2014

Dear Gromacs Users,

I'm new in gromacs and I have been trying to add ions to the simulation box
using following command in gromacs 5:

gmx genion -s ions.tpr -o conf-ion.pdb -p topol.top -neutral -conc 0.15

 then I selected these groups(Protein, MG, Ligand, respectively): 1 | 13 |
14

This error was appeared:

 Program gmx, VERSION 5.0

Source code file:
/home/QMMM/ProgramFiles/gromacs-5.0/src/gromacs/gmxana/gmx_genion.c, line:
503

Fatal error:

Your solvent group size (2701) is not a multiple of 9

 I found this URL "
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.user/64577" in
related to my question but i don't understand answer to resolve my error?

Indeed, I 've already successfully simulated another protein with same
gromacs and commands.

 Thank You in Advance