[gmx-users] PMF and RDF

sujithkakkat . sujithks58 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 05:51:53 CET 2014

Hi Erik and Justin,

  Thanks for the response.

  Erik, I was thinking that in the case of hydrophobic solutes, there is a
higher chance of proper sampling of all points along the inter solute
distance. I believe the water shell around the hydrophibic solvent can
break easier than the that in the case of ions. In that case I hope
standard simulations can give better solute-solute RDFs and PMF may be
avoided. The article which I refered to studies hydrophobic solutes and
they have done PMF calculations.

Regards,
Sujith.