[gmx-users] AMD GPUs

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:16:07 CET 2014

Hi,

Please don't hijack other discussion threads!

AMD GPUs will be supported in the next release, people did not use
them before because they were not supported.

Regarding performance, I only know the results of some early
benchmarks in which the fastest card used was an R9 290 and ran about
as fast as as GTX 780. Based on this expect that even the R9 290X will
be a lot slower than a GTX 980, but it would be great if people on the
list could try.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd