[gmx-users] Postdoctoral position at the KAUST
Luigi.Cavallo at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Dec 20 20:54:01 CET 2014
Subject: Postdoc position in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
Employer: KAUST - King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
From: Prof. Luigi Cavallo
Kaust Catalysis Center
Physical Sciences and Engineering Division
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
One postdoc position in computational biology/structural bioinformatics is available at the KAUST Catalysis Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia (http://www.kaust.edu.sa). The position is offered in the group of Prof. Luigi Cavallo (http://kcc.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Cavallo.aspx). The applicant should have a good research expertise in modeling biological systems, with a specific emphasis on MD simulations, protein-protein docking, homology modeling. Since developing new methods will be part of the job, priority will be given to candidates with expertise in Python programming.
The ability and interest to pursue challenging, interdisciplinary problems, and the ability to deliver proof-of-concept results are essential. Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to work in applied research, who are comfortable working in strict collaboration with colleagues, and are willing to be directly responsible for their project are encouraged to apply. To have an idea of working activity, check the papers below:
1. Higher order structural effects stabilizing the reverse Watson-Crick Guanine-Cytosine base pair in functional RNAs. Nucl. Acids Res. 2014, 42, 714.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkt800>
2. MDcons: Intermolecular contact maps as a tool to analyze the interface of protein complexes from molecular dynamics trajectories. BMC Bioinf. 2014, 15, S1.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2105-15-S5-S1>
3. Stability and halide selectivity of the fluoride riboswitch explained. J. Am. Chem. Soc. In press.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja510549b>
4. Using a consensus approach based on the conservation of inter-residue contacts to rank CAPRI models. Proteins 2013, 81, 2210.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/prot.24423>
5. COCOMAPS: a web application to analyze and visualize contacts at the interface of biomolecular complexes. Bioinformatics 2011, 27, 2915.<http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btr484>
Only applicants with the following qualifications will be considered.
A recent Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
Experience with MD and docking codes
Proficiency in at least one programming language.
Working experience in compiling and running programs in Linux environment
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Good judgment, independency at work, clear sense of purpose, and accountability.
Appointment, salary and benefits:
The initial appointment is for one year renewable upon mutual agreement up to three years. Salary is highly competitive, no tax paid to Saudi Arabia. Benefits include free fully furnished housing, free high standard medical and dental insurance. The KAUST is located on the red sea shore, close to Jeddah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Campus life at the KAUST is vibrant, with impressive recreational facilities that include a private beach, marina and golf course.
Applications should include a CV and contact information of at least two references and should be submitted by email to Prof. Luigi Cavallo at luigi.cavallo|at|kaust.edu.sa
This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users