[gmx-users] Installing GTX 980 on linux - which distro should i use?

Carlos Navarro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Mon Dec 22 17:47:49 CET 2014

Dear gromacs users,
First of all, if this question doesn’t belong here please feel free to erase it from the mailist.
I just bought a workstation with 2 GTX 980 (in order to improve my simulations on gromacs), but i’m not able to install it properly.
I first start with Centos 7, but my motherboard has an issue with this version, so i couldn’t pass the boot step.
Since i’m not an expert, i tried with Ubuntu (14.04 and 14.10), without luck (when i installed the drivers of the GTX in order to install the cuda toolkit all the icons from the desktop disappear).
I’m constantly seeing  threads where people discuss their bencharmks (or their opinions) regarding this graphic card, so i want to know: in which linux distro did you installed gromacs in order to work the GTX 980?
Kind regards,
Carlos
--
Carlos Navarro Retamal