[gmx-users] How to choose the best pose of ligand from the trajectory file?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Dec 27 15:47:49 CET 2014

On 12/25/14 5:03 PM, Hassan Aaryapour wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users
>
> How can I find and score protein-ligand binding poses and choose the best
> pose or frame from the trajectory file after doing a Molecular dynamics
> simulation of 40ns?

"Best" is a qualitative assessment that should be driven by objective,
quantitative metrics.  Decide how you want/need to analyze the interactions of
the ligand with the protein, and the pose that is "best" is probably the one
that captures most/all of the principle features (contacts, hydrogen bonds,
dihedral angles, etc).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629