[gmx-users] charge distribution

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Dec 28 21:01:29 CET 2014

On 12/27/14 3:54 PM, elham tazikeh wrote:
> Dear gromacs users
> i d like to know about charge distribution in .itp file that how can fix
> the charge of atoms
> for instance, i simulated Aspirin in Human serum albumin, and i want to
> know about their charges
> in an article charge distribution was as below, but in my .itp file
> (aquired by PRODRG server) i had 11 atoms instead of 13 atoms

Neither is enough atoms for aspirin, which should have 17 atoms in its
united-atom representation (explicit H on aromatic C).  Aspirin would have 13
atoms if the aromatic H are not explicit (wrong for Gromos96).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore