[gmx-users] how to remove water molecule inside micelle?

André Farias de Moura moura at ufscar.br
Mon Dec 29 13:13:39 CET 2014

it's hard to say without knowing how you prepared and relaxed your micelle
before adding water, so I can only provide you a few general comments:

(1) a properly relaxed, well-packed micelle should not present any voids
and water should not go inside the micelle (check the literature, this has
already been done a number of times already for SDS and other surfactants)

(2) increasing the value for -vdwd should decrease the number of water
molecules inside the micelle, even if the preparation step was not
accomplished so carefully.

(3) maybe you could try Packmol:
http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~martinez/packmol/

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Mina Hashemi <hashemi.mina5 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear gromacs users
>
> I prepared my simulation system containing SDS.
>
> Then I added water molecules using genbox. Some water molecules
> entered in to the micelle.
>
> How to remove water molecules inside the micelle?
>
> Any help will highly appreciated.
>
> * Please search the archive at
> posting!

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit