[gmx-users] Regarding DUM atom in Gromos force field

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:32:19 CET 2014

Thanks Dr. Mark for your reply.

My doubt is when we convert some atoms to a dummy atom (DUM) in a B state
topology, then does the Gromacs free energy code automatically take care of
this transformation in bonded terms (bond, angle, dihedral etc.) because we
can not define B state parameters corresponding to bonded terms of dummy
atoms in a topology.

Another doubt is what would be the option need to be set in mdp file for "
*couple-lambda1*" when we do free energy perturbation through B state
topology:

For example:

At lambda=0, I have to use:
couple-lambda0 vdw-q (all interactions are on at lambda=0 )

At lambda=1.0, I am not sure what should be the correct option:
couple-lambda1 none; I think none will not work here since I am selectively
turning off vdw and charges for few atoms by changing it to dummy atom in B
state topology.