[gmx-users] wall problem

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 16:59:49 CET 2014

Hello Justin:

I took your advices and submit the system to MD simulations. After NVT,
the vacuum layer was still there. However, my pbc box shrinked to its
orginal size after NPT, and the vacuum layer was disapeared.... here is
my compreasiblity settings:

; Pressure coupling parameters
pcoupl        = berendsen        ; Pressure coupler used under NPT
conditions
pcoupltype    = semiisotropic            ; Isotropic scaling in the x-y
direction, independent of the z direction
tau_p        = 1.0    1.0            ; Coupling time constant (ps)
ref_p        = 1.0    1.0            ; Reference pressure for coupling,
x-y, z directions (bar)
compressibility = 4.5e-5    4.5e-5        ; Isothermal compressibility
(bar^-1)

I enlarged the vacuum layer in each leaflet around 3nm.

thank you very much.

Albert