[gmx-users] Old charmm force field

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 5 00:10:52 CET 2014

On 2/4/14, 5:46 PM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> IIRC 19 had only protein and same as 27!

CHARMM19 did indeed have only protein parameters, but CHARMM27 isn't actually a
protein force field, it's nucleic acids :)  CHARMM19 is united-atom, while all
of the more recent versions of the force field (CHARMM22, CHARMM22+CMAP, and
CHARMM36) are all-atom.  What people refer to as CHARMM27 includes CHARMM22
protein parameters, so in this respect, CHARMM22 and CHARMM27 are equivalent
with respect to proteins.

There are several versions of a script call charmm2gromacs.py floating around on
the web.  These are designed to convert CHARMM RTF and PRM files into a suitable
Gromacs-format force field directories.

-Justin

> Mark
> On Feb 4, 2014 8:55 PM, "Sanku M" <msanku65 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>    I need to reproduce a simulation result which had been performed using a
>> very old version of charmm forcefield (PARAMh19 forcefield). In order to
>> reproduce it correctly, I would like to use same forcefield that had been
>> used there.
>> I wonder whether there is any gromacs version of this old charmm
>> forcefield? If not, is there any any existing script which can convert the
>> charmm forcefield to gromacs format?
>> Thanks
>> Sanku
>> --