[gmx-users] position restraints

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:50:52 CET 2014

In your topology:

; Include Protein topology
#include "protein.itp"

; Include Position restraint file of ligand
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre_prot.itp"
#endif

where posre_prot.itp

; In this topology include file, you will find position restraint
; entries for all the heavy atoms in your original pdb file.
; This means that all the protons which were added by pdb2gmx are
; not restrained.

[ position_restraints ]
; atom  type      fx      fy      fz
1    1    1000    1000    1000
2...

here you specify atoms you wish to restraints from topology of your
molecule in given direction X, Y, Z. The higher the fx, fy, fz the more
stable it will be.
Then in mdp:

define = -DPOSRES

Steven