[gmx-users] dna with charmm36

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 5 16:15:18 CET 2014

On 2/5/14, 9:49 AM, gromacs query wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have simple DNA pdb which has just 5 DA residues built from NAB in AMBER.
> I am trying to use pdb2gmx with charmm36-jan2014.ff downloaded from:
>
>   http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/CHARMM_ff_params.html
>

> pdb2gmx -f a.pdb -o gro.pdb -ff charmm36-jan2014
>

> I have changed all names according to DA residue defined in
> charmm36-jan2014.ff/merged.rtp but still I get error:
>
> Fatal error:
> atom N not found in buiding block 1DA while combining tdb and rtp

Use -ter to specify the appropriate termini.  An unfortunate consequence of our
approach is that the protein and DNA termini are in one file.  We are looking at
implementing a more generalized solution, but it won't be for a while that we
actually get to it.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy