[gmx-users] Zero LJ energies during Free energy perturbation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 7 22:43:43 CET 2014

On 2/7/14, 9:13 AM, bipin singh wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Using a B state topology in mdp file, I have switched off the vdw and
> coulombic terms of a single atom in a molecule (H atom in CH3OH). I have
> tried to see how the LJ energies (between CH3OH and solvent) changes during
> the transformation (from lambda=0 to lambda=1) but I get zero values at
> both the lambda point (0 and 1) for both the LJ-SR and LJ-14 terms for
> CH3OH and solvent LJ interaction.

H atoms do not have LJ parameters in most force fields, so you will not see any
changes.  LJ-14 are intramolecular and those interactions are going to all be
excluded anyway in CH3OH, but again if an H is changing, there will be no
difference in LJ energy.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy