[gmx-users] error g_wham

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 8 05:30:55 CET 2014

On 2/7/14, 11:12 PM, Arunima Shilpi wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> I followed the tutorial to calculate protein-ligand PMF. I generated the
> files as generated tpr-files.dat and pull-files dat using the following
> command.
>

> cat umbrella0.tpr umbrella1.tpr umbrella2.tpr umbrella3.tpr umbrella4.tpr
> umbrella5.tpr umbrella6.tpr umbrella7.tpr umbrella8.tpr umbrella9.tpr
> umbrella10.tpr > tpr-files.dat
>
> cat pullf-umbrella0.xvg pullf-umbrella1.xvg pullf-umbrella2.xvg
> pullf-umbrella3.xvg pullf-umbrella4.xvg pullf-umbrella5.xvg
> pullf-umbrella6.xvg pullf-umbrella7.xvg pullf-umbrella8.xvg
> pullf-umbrella9.xvg pullf-umbrella10.xvg > pull-files.dat
>
> But on running it shows the options in the help files and immediately
> gives Segmentation
> fault (core dumped).
>
> I had query as to whether any fault in the input files.

Yes, the input files are wrong.  You don't concatenate the .tpr and .xvg files.
  Go over the tutorial again - the .dat files simply contain a list of file
names, not the content of the files themselves.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601