[gmx-users] Validation of molecular dynamic simulation results

ananyachatterjee ananyachatterjee at iiserkol.ac.in
Tue Feb 11 09:46:33 CET 2014

 On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:05:19 +0100, João Henriques wrote:
> Dear Ananya,
>
> Shouldn't this be something you already had in mind even before
> attempting
> to simulate? Usually, a simulation is a means to an end. What is your
> end,
> ie. what made you do this simulation? The motivation behind your
> simulation
> is usually what will determine what type of validation it requires.
> Sure,
> there are quasi-standard analysis and sanity checks that one almost
> always
> uses to ensure the simulation is relevant, but you can find those in
> any
> given MD tutorial available online. For this, Google is your friend
> and you
> also have quite popular tutorials such as Justin's for example:
>

> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/
>
> I suggest you sit down and think a bit about what are you attempting
> achieve with your simulation. Pinpoint what type of analysis you need
> and
> then take a careful look at the Gromacs manual. There you will find
> all you
> need to know about the analysis tools available to you. They're not
> guaranteed to cover all your needs, but they usually more than
> suffice in
> providing what most researchers need to validate their simulations.
>
> Best regards,
> João
>

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 8:02 AM, ananyachatterjee <
> ananyachatterjee at iiserkol.ac.in> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have done a set of molecular dynamic simulation of my protein and
>> its
>> mutated structure, now please tell me how should I validate the
>> simulation
>> results or structures. Whether I can reproduce the same simulations.
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>>
>> --
>> Ananya Chatterjee,
>> Senior Research Fellow (SRF),
>> Department of biological Science,
>> IISER-Kolkata.
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/
>> Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit
>> https://maillist.sys.kth.se/mailman/listinfo/gromacs.org_gmx-users
>> or

 Dear João,

 Thank you for your reply, I was intended to seen the difference in
 molecular movement of my protein upon mutation. My protein is a GTPase
 protein and I have done simulation in presence of GTP, GDP and GDP+Pi
 for both the wild type and the mutated protein. Then I have done
 principle component analysis and RMSD & RMSF comparison of the
 trajectories. Now I want to check the authenticity of the set of
 simulation and whether they can be reproduce to validate my results.

 Please kindly help me in this regard.