[gmx-users] Validation of molecular dynamic simulation results

ananyachatterjee ananyachatterjee at iiserkol.ac.in
Tue Feb 11 12:43:24 CET 2014

 Dear Sir,

 My protein contains two domain and upon GTP hydrolysis, the protein
 under goes conformational change and it shows inter-domain movement. I
 did few biochemical test which showed me that the upon a mutation in the
 conserved residue (which is localed in the chain connecting the two
 domain)the GTPase activity is reduced and also it has effected the cell
 growth. Now to see whether the mutation is some how effecting the inter
 domain movement of the protein(which is a important property of the
 protein for it function) I performed the simulations keeping the
 parameters close to the biochemical experiments(like con. of ions, temp.
 etc) . Now when I presented my work in a conference people asked me
 about its authenticity, how much close it is to the reality and whether
 it is reproducible. I want to know how to verify my simulations.

 Thanks in advance